Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude is an amazing characteristic. Essentially you realize how blessed you are and then it increases your desire to help people around you. Can you imagine what would happen to the world if everyone took 2 minutes every day to recognize all the blessings in their life? I am so grateful each day and for the small things in life. A smile from a stranger, the beauty of the earth, a loving family, caring and kind friends, beautiful music, and I could go on and on. I am so grateful that America has 1 day each year where people take time out of their busy lives to realize how much they have been given.
This might sound odd but I am even grateful for the hard times I have had in life. Of course it is difficult to think about it during the trial, but afterward I see how much I grew during that time. I look back on life and it is during those difficult times that I grew closer to God and to my family. I am plenty grateful for the good times when I don't have to focus on myself and I can focus instead on helping other people. Service really is the key to happiness. It is as I serve that I find true joy. So this week everyone should prepare for Thanksgiving by thinking of what they are grateful for and finding a way to serve someone around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment