Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sneak Peak into the future

I have an update on what will be happening in the next 3 months of life.  Yeah!  My next rotation will be with Downhole marketing and business group.  I will be at the headquarters building again.  The person who was going to be my supervisor was promoted to corporate marketing so I will be bouncing around with different people within the department so I get to do a bit of everything.  I am excited.  I will get to work with Customer Loyalty, tradeshows and presentations to customers, I will get to help a lot with the big OTC that is a big oil get together in Houston, and lots more.  I am excited!  We also have our big softball tournament we run as the next gen class to raise funds to the cancer unit of texas childrens hospital.  It should be a busy but fun 3 months.

This week for family home evening we did a fun activity that you can't do in Houston.  We went and crunched ice along the river and had fun breaking ice and throwing and sliding it.  It was super fun because I have always loved to walk along the gutter and crunch the ice, but the river is like a huge gutter.  Sorry we didn't think to do that when you were here mom.

Oh I must insert a comment about blessings here.  My parents were in town last week and we had a huge blessing with the weather. We had the best weather we have ever had our whole time here in Norway.  This week it has returned to winter.  Friday it snowed all the way up to my knee, at least!  We have weather this week where it feels like neg 20 celcius.  Crazy!!!!  But the weather was perfect for my parents, which is a huge blessing because there is now way we would have survived all the boat rides in the snow and freezing.

I have the best husband ever.  He spent monday at home becuase our car was full as we drove everyone to the airport before work.  Jake cleaned the whole house for me.  It was funny because I came home and there was laudnry all over the house and a few other things out of place.  I was so grateful for what he had done.  He kept appologizing becuase he said, I guess I tried to do everything but I didn't get many of the things finished, there just isn't enough time.  It is fun to have him realize how long it takes to do all the laundry, hang it up to dry, wash the dishes, unload the dishwasher, vacuum the floor and put the house all in order.  But he is amazing.  I didn't mind helping for an hour to get it all done.  Even better is the house has stayed pretty clean all week.  I guess you can tell I am a bit of a clean freak.

Still enjoying all of the delicious norwegian waffles Jake made. :)

This week I had a goal to work on chosing not to be stressed.  A kind friend reminded me that being stressed is  a choice.  It is a chioce that can really damage your life too.  So this week I focused on choosing not to be stressed.  What a blessing that has been.  It is interesting to see just how many choices we have in life.

This week I watched Monsters Inc with Jake and it was just fun to relax and enjoy a fun clean video.  Thanks  mom and dad for loaning us some DVDs.

Jake had young mens on wed and I think he spent the entire day planning out the activity.  He did a cool jeopordy game on what the "For the Strength of Youth" says about good friends.  Then with the points they earned the boys could buy candy or a magic trick, where they would get to see it and then he would teach them how to do it.  I think they had a lot of fun.

It is getting closer to the end of the long haul of unknowns with medical school. In less than a month we will have heard the initial word from each of the different schools.  I do recognize that things could change at any point with him being on wait lists, but it is nice ot know the inital go, will be drawing to an end.

Toward the end of this week it has begun to snow a ton.  It snowed all day friday and all day saturday.  It snowed so much.  Poor Jake got stuck twice in the car.  Not becuase his tires didn't have traction, but because there was so much snow that the body of the car rested on the snow and the tires couldn't touch the ground.  Crazy!!!!  I guess I just see it as such a blessing that my parents came to visit last week when we had such good weather.  Our boating adventures would have been miserable because they would have been so cold with this weather and temperatures we are having now. It feels 100% like winter again.

We went snowshoeing with all the new fresh powder and it was so much fun.  It definately was  good work out.  We also watched "The Other Side of Heaven" with our landlords who have been to Tonga.  It was fun because it is about a mormon missionary and his experiences on a little tongan island.  That evening we went over to a friends house where we made homemade pizza.  It was fun evening to spend with them.  I don't think they get to do many double dates with other young couples here. 

Today my friend Katie came to church with us.  She is the other Next Gen, in the same program as I am, who came to Norway.  It was really fun to have her along.  I am just really impressed by her.  It was really fun to share something I love with a good friend.





Well folks I hope things are all going well for you.  Sorry I have not gotten the pictures uploaded in time to send in the email, but they will be posted on the blog.  I love you all.  Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment