Sunday, October 7, 2012

I love General Conference!!!

Wow General Conference is the best thing ever!!!! I love it because the whole weekend is like a party.  Now I can't think of what else we did this week.  hmm.... lets see.  Oh yeah. I spent a day of work touring a different business unit fascility.  It was cool because I learned how they make the tubing used when drilling a hole for oil.  It was cool to see the different methods of how they weld the metals together.  It was fun too because there is a research and development lab where they run tests.  I thought the whole time about how amy would love to be there.  The designers can create a plan, walk through a door and they will build it and then you can run the test on the spot.  
 
I am super super excited to read the  conference talks as soon as they come out.  I can't wait.  Lets see here I am busy with YW's.  They occupy a lot of my thoughts and time.  It is fun and they are great girls but it is very different than YW's in boise.  
 
Cool thing we did this week is that we went to the bat bridge.  There are over 300,000 bats that live underneath a bridge and at dark they come dropping out and then they start flying in circles creating a vortex and then parts of them would break off and go hunt for bugs.  It was super cool to see.  There are so many bats!
 
I am so grateful to be a member of the church. Listening to conference is such a confirmation for me of the truthfulness of the gospel.  The Lord truly has a prophet here on the earth who he speaks with regularly.  Oh and what did you think about the annoucnement about missionary ages, Boys 18 and Girls 19.  Oh how I wanted to go so so so bad when I was 19. That is exciting!
 
I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week.

1 comment: