Monday, October 22, 2012

What Blessings We Receive!

Hey so this week has been a great one.  I experienced all sort of fun and exciting things.  Jake and I both spoke in church and I think that is fun. I spoke about cultivating faith in our lives.  He spoke about finiding joy through the trials.  It was also really exciting because our friend Carlos was baptized sat afternoon.  It is cool to see because we have been with him through the whole proccess.  We picked him up and brought him to church for the first time.  It was great because he looked so peaceful both saturday and sunday.
 
Other fun things from this weekend.  Jake and I went on a double date with our friends saturday night.  It was fun.  We went out for pizza and then we played games.  It was really really funny because we played rummikub.  The other girl and I were all excited because we would play it as a family.  Then while we were playing Jake would do things that we thought were against the rules.  Then we would look it up and sure enough, he was right.  But we both liked our rules better. :)  It was pretty funny. 
 
On Friday night I went to the opera.  It was super cool.  It was my first Opera and I absolutely loved it. It is super cool becuase it feels like a musical and the one I saw was super funny.  It was great.  I am glad to have experienced that and checked it off my bucket list.  Jake was gone Thurs - Sat morning for a work retreat.  He was hired to work for a law firm as a paralegal for medical records.  They had an annual retreat his first week, how funny is that.  I sure miss him when he is gone but I am glad for the opportunities he has. 
 
I had a miracle this week.  YW's has been an exciting calling but it has been a little difficult.  The girls aren't very respectful to their leaders so getting things done is always difficult as they just talk with their friends or text or whatever else in stead of listening.  This week we had a huge miracle.  I spent lots of time preparing for the activity.  I was incharge completely so I was able to run it my way.  We also were blessed to meet in the chapel, which adds an amount of reverence.  We were able to get so much done in that activity.  It blew me away.  Especially because we were practicing the music they are singing in sacrament meeting.  We have very few practices and after that one, I felt like we could actually do it.  I was so exciting and happy by how well things went.
 
Other exciting news, for work we had to do an investigation and I was able to help as the translator. I interviewed all of the people who only spoke spanish.  I also was then able to help and interview some key people who speak english too.  It was an interesting  but great experience to have.  I am always grateful when my work provides me with real experiences.  Also this week we did a group FHE with a number of other couples in the ward, and a friend who is not a member yet.  It was super fun to get to know the other couples better and Jake was a fantastic little missionary who spent most of his time talking with the friend.  I thought it was a great set up because the couple that invited him has talked to him about the gospel but Jake taking the next step and talking to him about the missionaries helped it to come from someone else I think.  Jake is so good about sharing the gospel.  I have such a great husband.  What blessings the Lord has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment